jdenparis

 Welcome to jdenparis.com.  I'm jd, and I just graduated from college.  For one year before med school, I'll be working and living in Paris, and traveling the world with my job.  Below are my stories, photos, and videos.  Enjoy!

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

mama, mama je vien a la maison

So I don't think that's the exact translation, but in the famous words of Ozzy Osbourne, "mama, mama I'm comin' home." That's right! Travel is booked :) If you'll notice in my calendar, I've added a nice green strip representing my 1 week stay in NYC (4 Oct - 12 Oct), directly following my 10 or so days in Mexicoooo - very exciting.



I'll be staying someplace downtown (not quite a hotel, but not quite an apartment. Jose described it to me as a hotel without room service), and working from The Union's NYC office! I'll also have Yom Kippur off. Great - the week I'm in town with all my favorite food, I have to spend 15% of it fasting. hmph.

Anyway, Paris has been great so far since my return from Thailand! The apartment search is in full swing, but I don't know how many scammers and how many legit people I have exchanged emails with... I'm gonna try to see 1 or 2 places this weekend, but if my bank account winds up empty, at least I'll KNOW its cause I gave out my account # and pin to a 'land lord!' (JUST KIDDING MOM, I would never.) I've been using the free McWifi on the weekends, and working diligently from my desk during the week (staying past 7 most nights to attempt to work on med school application and scour Craig's list for an apt). The weather here is sunny and cool with a slight breeze, REALLY nice contrast to the heat, humidity, storms and dirty streets of Bangkok.

Sunday night, one of my coworkers was kind enough to invite me over for dinner AND did my laundry, including ironing a few shirts!! What a treat. I would have had to go to work naked the next day, so she is really a lifesaver. Thanks Selma!

Anyway, back to work - just wanted to give a quick update - see you all soon!!

a bientot,

1 comment:

Camp Unger said...

Whatever you do, just watch out for power surges in the greater parisian area. I hear they go right through the lines into your outlet and your hands. Wear rubbers at all times. and do not shower at home.