jdenparis

 Welcome to jdenparis.com.  I'm jd, and I just graduated from college.  For one year before med school, I'll be working and living in Paris, and traveling the world with my job.  Below are my stories, photos, and videos.  Enjoy!

Monday, August 18, 2008

Bonjour tout le monde!

Hello world, hello Paris!

Welcome to jdenparis.com, the home of my travel / life / work updates for the next year, while I am based "en Paris" (in Paris). You probably navigated here via my mass(ish) email, or from facebook, or by chance, but anyway, I'm glad to have you :) . To clarify, jdenparis is pronounced "jay dee on par-ee," so it sort of rhymes. In French, it means, "jd (that's me) in Paris."

As my last day in North America for quite some time, today is an exciting one for me. I get to pack, run a few last minute errands, maybe play some last minute volleyball, and keep my mom from crying every 5 seconds... Most exciting, however, is the news that I'll now be flying DIRECT from JFK to Paris on British Airways, rather than connecting through Montreal on Air Canada!

Obviously I'm a little sad to leave home, but I've gotten some really nice going away gifts from the Ungertwins (my cousins - scroll down for video) and from my friends. Check those out if you have some free time :)

I'll write again when I arrive safely in Paris on Wednesday (8/20) morning. I'll share some pics, tell you all about my job, my crazy travel schedule, France and whatever else seems relevant!

A bientot,